Harley Davidson’s Ultimate Muscle Bike
Harley-Davidson’s V-Rod is still known as the ultimate “muscle bike”, ten years after its inception. For 2012, there are now three editions of the VRSCDX V-Rod, the V-Rod 10th Anniversary, the V-Rod Muscle and the Night Rod Special.
The Harley-Davidson Night Rod is the most sinister looking of the group, with blacked-out styling. The Night Rod edition of the V-Rod features a tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, and improved ergonomics with reduced reach to both the rider footpegs and handlebar. It has major muscle from Harley-Davidson’s Revolution 1250cc engine, a liquid-cooled V-Twin with dual overhead camshafts, four-valve cylinder heads and Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection. With an Assist and Slip clutch, five-speed transmission, and carbon-fiber belt drive, all this power is put to the pavement with a 240mm tire. When it’s time to stop the Night Rod Special, braking is incredible with a high-tech Brembo braking system, featuring triple discs and optional anti-locking braking system (ABS).
2012 Harley-Davidson V-Rod and Night Rod Features:
- Harley-Davidson Rubber-mounted, liquid-cooled, 1250cc Revolution engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI); 125 hp @ 8,250 RPM; 85 ft. lbs. @ 7,000 rpm.
- Straight-shot exhaust with brushed finish dual mufflers; black end caps and exhaust shield.
- Black, split five-spoke cast aluminum wheels are three pounds lighter than previous wheels.
- Tapered tail section with flush-mount LED taillight.
- Pullback handlebar places controls three inches closer to the rider and optimizes overall feel with a low, wide position.
- Reduced reach, forward-mounted rider footpegs.
- Inverted front forks.
- Two-up seat with custom stitching.
- Stylized, black speed screen visor.
- Slim design, center-mount license plate.
- Black powder-coated engine with black covers.
- Blacked-out frame, handlebar, front fork, triple clamps and covers.
- Sport front fender with painted brace supports.
- 240 mm wide rear tire.
2012 V-Rod Colors
Night Rod Special – Vivid Black and Sedona Orange.
V-Rod Muscle – Vivid Black and Chrome Yellow
V-Rod 10th Anniversary Edition – Brilliant Silver Pearl
Pricing for the 2012 Harley Davidson V-Rods will range from MSRP $ 15,299 to $ 16,609.